"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."
Matthew 7:12
I read that in many religions it is stated negatively: "Don't do to others what you don't want done to you." By stating positively, Jesus made it more significant. Because I believe it is not very hard to refrain from harming others and it is more harder in taking initiative to do something good to them.
I've got 2 sisters, one older and younger. The older one I find quite easy to hang out with. But somehow the younger sister (which I still love) sometimes annoy the crap out of me, even occasionally these days! The amount of big and small fights we have is countless. The incident I remembered the most is the time when we were in high school where we were arguing so much that she wanted to slam the door on me and I tried to resist her closing the door....Only to realised that we accidentally made a hole in the wall after that! LOL..(cost us NZD50 to fix it up and mum wasn't pleased! XD )..
Anyway, I should really remember that it always take two to clap (though I still think that there are lots of time that I'm in the right! lol...must be my male ego, that I have to start working on).
And it should be normally the same for all us.
But this verse spoke to me today...and I'll consume it, pray that I'll slowly change into an image of more like God.
No comments:
Post a Comment