so what are the five factors of attractions according to a psychology student?
1) Difference:
2) Similarities:
3) Frequency and proximity
4) reciprocity
5) Appearance
Had a random thought when I was finished church this morning. By the way, I had a sudden promotion today cause one of the guys couldn't make it in time for practise. So I thank God for the privilege to be serving on main keys. Anyway, back to the 5 factors....
I was thinking, could it be the reason why I am attracted to God be related to 5 factors too ? it's quite random but i'm gonna chuck it here anyway. Firstly Difference:
I think I'm so different to God. He is so pure and holy and mighty, while I on the other hand am a sinner that is saved by Him because he is mighty to be save. I sometimes think of being served while He who is the King of kings and Lord of lords humbly came to the earth to serve us!
Similarity:
The bible said we were all created in the image in God.
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. - (Gen. 1:26-27)
To be like someone means you possess many, but not all of the characteristics of that person. Obviously, man does not possess God's omnipotence, wisdom, righteousness, perfection, ability to create, and divineness. But unlike plants and animals, we have soul..We are spiritual beings created in His image! We have the freedom to choose.We have wisdom like him but only like a drop in the ocean of his infinite wisdom.Also, we have love and compassion which is because he first love us.
Frequency and proximity:
As we spend more time to read His word and spending time in presence, we create this continually blossoming relationship with the Mighty One. We grow more and be molded into his image each day! Like a girl friend and boy friend, obviously the more time you spend with that person, the more you get to know and understand how beautiful that person is!
reciprocity:
I was told reciprocity means that the more person A like person B and show it to them, the higher chance person B will be attracted to person A. Well, it was because Jesus demonstrated his love to us first, that when we experience more of His love and grace, we end up loving him more too! And to experience his love, the very first step that is needed is simply by just accepting Him into your life and walking with Him daily.
Appearance:
What more to say but just that He is beautiful beyond description...
Just a random thought....lol.
2 comments:
Ahem.. and who gave you a lesson on the 5 factors of attraction?? hehe.
Love how you wrote the whole thing! I have never thought of it in this context before!
Good one =)
oh yea... that person is really smart to remember the 5 factors :D Good teacher as I may say...
:D
Post a Comment