It's bad enough having to come clean about what had happen in the past.
But it hurts even more to now finally see how my past decisions and recklessness hurt the people i love and care.
It bad enough to know... I dont even have to be there to see and hear. Just knowing is bad enough.
Being honest could change a person's impression and perception of me.
Being honest often means I get judged.
Being honest meant that sometimes people would bring it up and throw it back at me.
Being honest meant that now.. people might not trust me for making better and more important decisions.
But I choose to be honest.
'The saddest and The happiest' by My Favourite Author (at this point of time)
The conversation we had was the beginning of a difficult journey of faith for us. Yet through it all, God sustained and guided us. If you're facing similar circumstances, I know that He can do the same for you.
Though it's painful, an important part of starting a new life with the person you love is working through the consequences of past choices. This doesn't mean that you have to dredge up every single detail, but it does mean that you need to honestly face the effect your past can have on your future. As the authors of 'Preparing for Marriage' wisely state, 'It is better to speak the truth prior to your marriage than to live with fear, deceit and shame that comes from hiding the truth from your mate."
Unless you are honest about past sin, you won't be able to understand the potential challenges you'll confront because of it. Neither will you be able to root yourselves firmly in the sustaining grace of God.
So while it may be the saddest thing that happened, it's also the happiest. By dealing with the heartbreaking effects of sin, we magnify the love of our redeeming God- a God whose grace is greater than anything from our past.
My prayer is that we'll both walk out of the heartbreaking effects of my past sins, victoriously- by God's sustaining grace.
1 comment:
Ai, we will. we'll get there...I feel that I'm changing in someways...I hope you are too.
Got this somewhere that encouraged me and will hopefully encourage you...
"In our life we will have moments when each and everyone of us will fail. You will not grow without mistakes. Learning to walk involves stumbling. Get up and go again. If you fall off a bike 3 kms into a 10 km race you don't have to go back to the start, you just have to get back on. You don't have to ride a perfect race to succesfully finish it. Just don't lie there."
Post a Comment