Friday, September 3, 2010

More obstacles

I woke up this morning thinking about my application for my working visa to Australia....

Why are there now more obstacles appearing ? Shannon helped me make a call yesterday to the visa immigration board to ask them some questions on my behalf. Only to find out that its really true that the University of Auckland is not in the list of recognised universities. I'll have to give them a call today to ask them to apply to be part of the list...Weird!

She also said that I have to sit for the IELTS test which I guess sounds fair (apart from the $NZD355) fee. We had a thought last night thinking what happens if I don't get working visa to Australia ? How come the journey there is so rough. At some point I even thought of considering giving up my Malaysian passport to become a New Zealand Citizen....

While having breakfast this morning, I saw a bird standing on the fence. It firstly reminded me of the verse that goes :

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 
Matthew 6:25-34

It also reminded me of the eagle which was preached by Pastor Tony last week.  But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles. They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

I have been presenting my desires to God and today during my quiet time I felt him telling me to carry on with my plans and He'll guide me. My previous interviews all have gone down hill and now that I am planning to go over to Australia, there's more obstacles that pop up. Yuck! But again it reminded me of what Pastor Tony said last week " God's more interested in our character than just fulfilling our desires"

Hopefully things will go well with my application.....

2 comments:

Elaine said...

When our motives are desires are God-centred, we can be assured that God hears our prayers, and even when He says "no", we can trust in Him, that He has a greater plan for us........God's way of directing us to a greater purpose in our lives. Accepting God's "no" requires as great a faith as carrying out His "yes". Continue to look to Him, and trust Him. In His time, He will open a door......

sonictAn said...

Thank you Auntie Elaine for your encouragement...

really appreciate it